Going to a festival this year and looking for the best bang for your buck trolley? Well, we have taken a look at the best trolleys on the market right now and given you our top recommendations across a number of categories: collapsible (fabric), full metal and two wheels.
As avid festival goers ourselves we want you to have the best possible experience whether it be carrying 6+ crates of Fosters across Glastonbury or lugging a number of tents to Orange campsite at Reading Festival.
- What type of festival trolley do I need?
- What we are looking for?
- Best collapsible fabric festival trolleys
- Best full metal festival trolleys
- Best two wheel festival trolley
What type of festival trolley do I need?
There are two types of trolleys: fabric and full metal. The fabric trolleys are typically collapsible and, in general, if you are short on space a collapsible fabric trolley is a good choice. You will, however, not be able to carry as much weight and the smaller wheels might get stuck in the mud!
If you have space in your car, and can store it once you get to the festival, a full metal trolley is a great choice and one we would recommend. They typically have bigger wheels, can carry much heavier loads and will last you a number of festivals to come. A great choice for those long muddy walks across campsites.
There are also upright trolleys with two wheels. These can take a lot of weight, but you have to do a lot of the heavy lifting yourself to keep it upright! They are obviously smaller in size so easier to transport to and from the festival.
What we are looking for?
We are assessing a number of factors here including: design, ease of use, capacity and ultimately the value for money. If you are going to be relying on one of these trolleys to get your belongings from car to campsite we want you to have the best you can get!
One thing to note with a lot of trolleys is that the max load ratings are based on carrying garden materials around, well, gardens. As opposed to carrying camping supplies (beers…) across muddy fields for miles. So our general advice would be to take the load ratings as an absolute maximum because hard festival terrain and long trips will strain your trolley more than gardening.
Best collapsible fabric festival trolleys
Timber Ridge Collapsible Folding Festival Wagon
Out of all three collapsible festival trolleys this is definitely the best all rounder. It is a great option if you don’t have to take too much stuff and you are short on car space.
- It will collapse small enough to get into your car
- Rubber wheels will help out on slippery ground
- The frame is stainless steel and is pretty durable
- The cover it comes with is pretty good, keeps everything nice and compacted when folded away.
- Cheap price tag!
- Only 80 kg max load, which when loaded it’s harder to steer
- No brakes not great if you are stopping on hills
- Easy to Use: Doesn't take a minute to assemble&open up as u can see in the product video.
- Well Made: Robust steering system and adjustable handle, durable oxford fabric and premium pvc material, guarantee long service life.
Life Carver Folding Camping Cart
Similar to the Timber Ridge overall, but a cheaper price tag and heavier max loads! If you are short on space this is another great option that won’t break the bank.
- Even cheaper price tag here!
- Higher max loads at 150 kg
- Adjustable handle height, which is great for finding the right comfort setting when pulling
- Once collapsed and folded down it will only be 20 cm thick, so great for storing away
- Wheels are on the narrower side, which means handling is not as good on that rough terrain.
- LARGE CAPACITY – Sets up in Seconds, No Assembly Required! Outside Dimensions Approx: (LxWxH) 90 x 50 x 100CM Inside Dimensions Approx: (LxWxH): 80 x 44...
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" Thick! Folded size approx : 75 x 50 x 20
Amazon Basics Collapsible
The cheapest of the three options here. This is best for those on a budget, it does the job but don’t expect it to last multiple years of festival going.
- It comes in weighing only 8.3 kgs, the lightest of all trolleys we reviewed
- It also folds down nicely into a carry bag which is great for storage
- The handle height can also be adjusted
- 120 kg max capacity
- The wheels are thin, not the best handling
- The stitching is not durable, I can’t see it lasting the years
- Capacity: Garden utility wagon with 120kg (265lbs) max static load capacity. Internal vol: 115L, 80 x 45 x 32cm approx.
- Portable & Space Saving: Folding trolley fits into included carry bag. With robust plastic handle for easy maneuvering
Best full metal festival trolleys
Amazon Brand – Umi Lawn Garden Utility Cart
This is definitely the best all round full metal festival trolley. It’s higher max load and steel frame make it an excellent choice for those planning on taking lots of gear to festivals.
- Can handle loads up to 182 kg
- The frame is very durable and will last you many festivals for years to come
- The cart itself is made from heavy duty gauge steel, which is treated to keep rust at bay
- The frame can be dismantled for easier storage
- The wheels could be bigger, but we are nitpicking here!
- Heavy Duty - This product has a 182kg/400lbs load capacity. With the removable strong steel mesh sides, one can carry large size object with ease
- Convenience - The foldable frame design allows one to assemble and disassemble the cart easily
VonHaus Garden Trolley/Cart
Coming in at a much cheaper price than the Umi, this is our best budget full metal trolley pick.
- The price tag makes this a great budget pick
- Max loads of up to 350 kg
- Big wheels so better on muddy terrain
- The sides fold down for easier storage and removal of big objects
- Compared to the Umi, it is not as durable
- Not the best handling
- HEAVY DUTY GARDEN CART – ideal for safe outdoor transportation for camping & festivals
- REMOVABLE LINING – easy-clean, waterproof lining is useful when transporting loose goods such as bark or gravel
Best two wheel festival trolley
Steel Sack Truck with Anti Puncture Tyres
This two wheel option offers a cheaper, sturdier alternative to the trolleys mentioned above. The big caveat is, it’s much better for shorter journeys as you need the upper body strength to keep it upright. If it falls over, your precious cargo might be at risk.
- Sturdy build, will definitely last for many summers to come
- Cheap price tag
- Can carry a load of 325 kgs!
- The tires are bulky and anti-puncture, you won’t be getting too stuck in the mud
- You can’t pack it away so you need the space in your car
- You need the upper body strength to be able to use it easily
- SMART DESIGN: Designed for Heavy Duty operation and with a High Back for Large Loads.
- HEAVY DUTY: 325KG load capacity and P-handle is perfect for moving loads in your warehouse
- Best all-rounder fabric collapsible: Timber Ridge Collapsible Folding Festival Wagon
- Best for heavy load fabric collapsible: Life Carver Folding Camping Cart
- Best budget fabric collapsible: Amazon Basics Collapsible
- Best all-rounder full metal trolley: Amazon Brand – Umi Lawn Garden Utility Cart
- Best budget full metal trolley: VonHaus Garden Trolley/Cart
- Best two wheeled trolley: Steel Sack Truck with Anti Puncture Tyres
As an Amazon Associate festivalfeed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates