So you are looking for a decent sleeping bag for this year’s festival season? A great sleeping bag can be the difference between a good night’s sleep and a bad one. We all know that when you are at a festival you need a good night’s sleep to make sure you can handle the next day! Whether you are going to Glastonbury Festival, Reading Festival, Leeds Festival, or Download Festival, a good festival sleeping bag is a must-have.
We have taken the time to compile a list of our top festival sleeping bags for cold and hot weather conditions as well as our top picks for couples.
Sleeping bags for cold weather
Our cold weather budget pick is the FIT NATION Viking Trek 4 Season Sleeping Bag. It is perfect for adults and kids alike, whether you are going to a festival, hiking, or backpacking. It is a high-quality festival sleeping bag full of extra features and nice finishing touches.
- Completely waterproof, including the carry bag! It will prevent you from getting soaked when arriving at a festival and whilst sleeping there.
- Rated comfortable down to 8°C and a limit at 3°C. This is more than low enough for a UK summer festival.
- Suitable for extreme use down to -11°C but I doubt you will experience that in the UK summer…
- Perfect for kids and adults.
- A great price tag for what you get!
- The built-in pillow as part of the hood leaves a lot to be desired. If you like head support we would recommend getting a separate pillow.
- The zip + general construction could be better. It will last you a number of festivals, but not as many as higher-priced sleeping bags.
Our cold weather glampers pick is the Hyke & Byke Katahdin 15 Fill Power Hydrophobic Sleeping bag. It is super light but will keep you warm down to temperatures as far as -10°C. It will last you for many, many, festivals to come.
- Super lightweight design, meaning it’s easy to carry to and from the festival.
- Fully waterproof fabric including the carry case.
- Made from very durable ripstop nylon fabric, meaning it should last for many festivals to come.
- Suitable for adults and children.
- Rated comfortable between -1°C to 10°C and an extreme limit down to -10°C. Doubt you will need those negative temperatures, but it will fair well in UK summer.
- Not much here other than the price tag! But this is for the glampers.
Sleeping bags for hot weather
Our budget hot weather pick is the SWTMERRY – Sleeping Bag 4 Seasons. This sleeping bag is great for all seasons, but we want to call it out as being great for warm temperatures.
- Rated comfortable between 10-20℃, which is great for those warmer temperatures or if you are wanting to sleep in your tent during the day at a UK festival.
- Good build quality for the price tag!
- Super lightweight, with a nice carry case. Making it easy to take to and from festivals.
- The sleeping bag and carry case is made of water-resistant.
- Advertised as 4 seasons, but it won’t be as good as the others mentioned in this article for those colder temperatures.
- It can be difficult to put the sleeping bag back into the carry case.
Our hot weather glamping pick is the Vango Treklite Lightweight Sleeping Bag Ultra 600. This sleeping bag is from a great brand, Vango, and is perfect for warmer conditions.
- Comfortable between 0℃ to 20℃ which is great for that warmer weather.
- Fairs well in the winter too as it’s rated down to 0℃.
- Machine washable which is a big plus if you are going to be using it again and again.
- Lightweight waterproof design with a waterproof carry case.
- High-quality product from a good brand name that should last you for many festivals and hiking trips to come.
- Again, the carry case is pretty small meaning getting it back in the case can be hard.
Sleeping bags for couples
Our budget pick for couples is the Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag with 2 Pillows. This sleeping bag is great for couples on a budget who are looking for a warm, dry night at any UK festival this summer!
- Rated at a comfortable temperature of 0°C to 10°C with a limit of as low as -5°C. Which again, should be perfect for any UK festival.
- Can be separated into two different sleeping bags to provide independent use.
- Surprisingly lightweight and doesn’t take up much room at all for a double sleeping bag.
- Fully waterproof sleeping bag and carry case.
- Definitely enough space for a couple!
- Pillows are a nice touch, and pretty comfortable.
- The build quality isn’t as good as the glamping pick but for this price tag that is to be expected. It should definitely last a few festivals though.
Our glamping pick for couples is the VENTURE 4TH Backpacking Sleeping Bag. This sleeping bag offers everything our budget pick does but with better build quality.
- Rated from 0°C to 18°C which is perfect for UK weather conditions.
- Fully waterproof sleeping bag and carry case.
- Great build quality.
- Plenty of space for couples and the pillows are a great touch.
- Slightly heavier carry weight compared to our budget pick coming in at 3.7kgs here.
- Best budget sleeping bag for cold weather: FIT NATION Viking Trek 4 Season
- Best glamping sleeping bag for cold weather: Hyke & Byke Katahdin Fill Power
- Best budget sleeping bag for hot weather: SWTMERRY – Sleeping Bag 4 Seasons
- Best glamping sleeping bag for cold weather: Vango Treklike Lightweight Sleeping Bag Ultra 600
- Best budget sleeping bag for couples: Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag with 2 Pillows
- Best glamping sleeping bag for couples: VENTURE 4TH Backpacking Sleeping Bag
Not sure what else to pack for your festival? Check out our ultimate packing list.