Festival season is fast approaching and you have likely bought some tickets by now! Whether you are lucky enough to be going to Glastonbury or perhaps Reading or Leeds, this guide should help you find a tent that’ll last for many festivals to come! We’ve reviewed some of the best festival tents for 2022.
First things first, when you are at a festival you need to know that the number of people a tent says it can sleep should be cut in half. If you are planning to buy a 4-person tent to sleep 4 people, think again. Where are you going to be storing all that beer for starters? Even with no belongings, a 4 person tent with 4 adults will be a tight squeeze.
The second piece of advice I can offer is to avoid single skin tents at all costs! I mean all costs. If you are going to a festival in the UK it is very likely it will rain. Single skin tents are cheap tents that provide no protection to the elements, particularly rain. I learnt that lesson firsthand at my inaugural festival in my early teens. After a few spells of heavy rain my belongings were soaked and I have gone double skin ever since.
We have reviewed various high-quality tents at good prices from online stores and retailers.
- Best value 2 man tent that will last
- Best nights sleep 3 man tent
- Highest quality 3 man tent
- Best value 4 to 6 man tent
Best value 2 man tent that will last
Coleman Darwin Dome Tent (2 person)
Taking just over a few minutes to pitch, this Yellowstone tent comes in at less than 3KG. It is one of the cheapest double skin tents on the market which should protect you from the rain. It includes:
- A separate bedroom to hang inside helps stop leaks
- A small porch area which is great for your wellies or a chair
- Side pockets in the cabin to keep the tent tidy
I would say the tent is ideal for someone camping alone with their belongings, but you could sleep two people as it easily fits in a double airbed.
- Lightweight and easy to pitch two person dome tent: Easy to pitch; Highly flexible and light fiberglass poles withstand even strong winds; Ideal for...
- Well-designed camping tent for two person: Several ventilation flaps for optimal air circulation avoid condensation; Mosquito net in the inner tent; Inner...
Best nights sleep 3 man tent
Coleman Tent The BlackOut
This is the best pick if you are looking for an excellent night’s sleep. The BlackOut bedroom technology, or so they call it, is excellent. You can hardly see a thing inside this tent at night. Just remember to bring a torch.
Features of the Coleman Tent The BlackOut include:
- Fully waterproof sewn-in groundsheet.
- A porch/storage area that is perfect for your muddy boots
- Super easy to pitch, with more than enough room for two people and their gear.
- ONE XXL BLACK OUT BEDROOM: with 99% of daylight being blocked out from the bedroom you will be sure to get a great night's sleep and not wake with the...
- LIGHTWEIGHT, STURDY AND EASY TO PITCH CAMPING DOME TENT: fits 3 person; highly flexible and lightweight fiberglass poles guarantee a good response to wind
Highest Quality 3 man tent
Coleman 3+ Coastline Tent
The Coleman 3+ Coastline tent is a great pick if you are looking for quality. It is definitely big enough to fit two people with room for belongings. If needed, however, you could have plenty of room for three people if you pack light!
It’s a high-quality product that should last you multiple festivals every year. Features include:
- A spacious vestibule for separating the living and sleeping quarters
- 100% waterproof with taped seams and a fully sewn-in ground sheet.
- Lightweight fiberglass poles
This tent comes in slightly heavier than the 2 man, at 7KGs but it’s pretty easy to carry given the case. This tent is definitely ideal for a couple looking to go to multiple festivals and have a comfortable, dry experience!
- Compact three-person tunnel tent: With spacious vestibule for separate living and sleeping; ideal for active campers and weekend trips
- Well-designed camping tent with functional extras: Easy to pitch; Highly flexible, lightweight fibreglass poles withstand even strong winds; Two...
Best value 4 to 6 man tent
Outsunny 4-6 Man Camping Tent
Our final tent is the larger, 4-6 man Outsunny tent. Separated into two separate sleeping compartments, and a social/storage space in the middle, the Outsunny will provide enough space at a low cost.
This tent is ideal for larger groups or a smaller group looking to live in a luxury. The larger design obviously means a heavier carry weight and pitching time (roughly 20 minutes).
- 2 bedrooms and a leaving area suitable for 4-6 people
- Sewn-in groundsheet
- Fiberglass poles
- 4-6 PERSON TUNNEL TENT: Features 2 bedrooms and a living area, suitable for 4-6 people. Perfect for families and friends camping together
- SELECTED MATERIAL: The 2000mm waterproof polyester cover and strong flexible fiberglass poles guarantee the stability of this family tent. The ground...
As an Amazon Associate festivalfeed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates